Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book Worm

I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini's 2nd book about the tumultuous history of Afghanistan and the beautiful stories of love, loyalty and friendship that take place among the oppression and fighting. As I began reading the books I became torn, I didn't want to continue reading about the hardships the characters had to endure. The stories broke my heart and opened my eyes to a world that, in 2009, seems so archaic, yet I found myself turning page after page in hopes of finding a happy ending. If you haven't read Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid suns, I highly suggest it whether you are a mother or a father, son or daughter, man or woman... these stories will touch each of you in a different way. If you only have time for one of the books, I would suggest A Thousand Splendid Suns.



Next on my list:
First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria
Prisoner of Tehran
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Culture of Corruption - Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies

A Mighty Long Way - My Journey to Justice at Little Rock Central High School
Reading Lolita in Tehran
A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (and Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media
A Long Way Gone - Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
What the Dog Saw

No comments:

Post a Comment